WOW!

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Letter 3 - My Parents

Dear Momsie and Pops,

I can't believe I'm writing this letter to you after the longest time.

Now I am married and living in my own home away from you guys, everything changes.

I no longer hear the naggings about how my room is so messy and how you can't stand looking at it (actually, I still have to hear this from my husband pfft).

I no longer hear the morning shoutings asking us to wake up if not we gon be late for work. Momsie forever fast forward the time at least 15-30mins earlier just to scare us awake. Biao.

I no longer hear the screamings of THIS IDIOTIC PEPPER SO STOOPS WHY SHE PEE AND POO ALL OVER THE KITCHEN FLOOR IM GONNA STUFF HER DOWN THE RUBBISH CHUTE!

I no longer hear the orders of asking me to sweep and mop the floor every weekend when I'm home. (You're gonna be hearing all these now fartssss)

Not to say that I miss all that, I definitely don't hahah.

But it's just a little weird not being able to see my family every day.

The good thing is we live about 10mins drive away from each other so it's definitely easy to meet up!

As per my wedding speech, I truly think I'm the child who gives you guys the least worries ever since I was born and while growing up. I sleep damn easily and for long hours which is why I don't cry and scream my head off as often as a baby.

I'm never a rebel, I was mostly a goody two shoes. Definitely opposite from my sister. MUAHAHA.

I started working soon after I graduated all the way till now and am surviving fairly okay. Welcome a pay raise anytime though boss hahaha

But all these were not made possible if not for my parents working hard all these years to give us a proper and beautiful roof over our heads, provided and ensured we have decent education, always made sure we are always well-fed with healthy home-cooked food almost everyday (I truly cannot take outside food now, wayyyy too oily and salty), bring us on holidays (either long or short) whenever they can, give us enough pocket money and a little extra if we wanted to buy something out of our usual spending range, waking up extra early in the morning to make our breakfast/lunch, doing most of the housework for us etc etc.

When I was younger, I never really wanted to spend time with my family and will often choose to hang out with my friends over them. Reason being was because I see them almost everyday! Why do I need to see them again during my free time???

However, as I grew up, I realized blood is truly thicker than water. No matter what happens, no matter what kind of misgivings you have, the only people who truly stick around are your family. Nothing can ever change that.

So now, I find myself gravitating towards more family gatherings, both immediate and extended.

 I will try and do my best to be a better daughter and bring you guys on more holidays. By bringing, it mostly means using my money to let them travel the world with their friends most probably. HAHAH. My parents seriously have a more havoc social life than me, no lie. But we should really try and go on more family holidays!

Okay, I shall end my letter here and get my ass back to work.

Love,
Your child who enjoys zero attention from you guys. The lesser the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment